Spiritual Education, Week of Oct. 9

When I was a child, I was not interested in Harry Potter. I really enjoyed watching Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon with my older siblings. Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball is about spiritual education in a way.
Both have a child who learns how to use magic powers. Sailor Moon has the lead is given her supernatural powers by a mentor character and learns new powers with her other super-powered friends.
In Dragon Ball, Goku is trained by Master Roshi in the technique of Kamehameha that produced supernatural abilities. This storyline happens to repeat in the later series with Goku’s son.
            These are more of my own personal taste when I was younger. With my adult life, I have become more interested in the Harry Potter series. Probably because of the reflection of my childhood fandoms.
            The more I look into all these properties, I realize that the major different between them is the styling of the stories. I noticed this when I was watching Little Witch Academia. Little Witch Academia was a Japanese cartoon who really wanted to make Harry Potter. It has the English style was the average Japanese troupes. Not much of the story had to be changed at all to make the story similar to the Harry Potter series.
            The three major troupes of the magical genre is a female cast (with a few male examples), a call to justice, and a average age of about 14 in magical training.

            I am not sure if this is a good writing for this week. It’s just that this genre in a general and pure sense, does not interest me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Readings from the Year.

Heroic Journey, Week of the Oct. 2

Satire, Week of Nov. 20